Modern Slavery Act Statement - Bell Truck and Van
This statement is made in accordance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (‘the Act’) and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement.
We are alert to the risks that slavery and human trafficking poses to both us and our suppliers. We are confident that our approach detailed below, will prevent slavery and human trafficking within our business and confirm our commitment to acting ethically in all our business relationships and taking zero-tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking. We aim to comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and expect of suppliers, and their supply chains, to take all reasonable steps to comply with this act. This statement constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 March 2022.
Bell Truck and Van is a commercial vehicle dealer selling, servicing, repairing and supplying trade parts for Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks and Fuso Canter. New and used vehicles are sourced from Mercedes-Benz UK or purchased as trade or parts exchange within the United Kingdom only. The organisation currently operates in the United Kingdom.
Related Company Policies
We have incorporated our responsibilities in relation to slavery and human trafficking as set out in the Act within our company policies. The following policies are available internally with some key policies placed on our website:
- Anti-slavery Policy: The policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place any where in our supply chains.
- Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy: The policy sets out clear guidance in respect of prevention of bribery and corruption by or involving our workers and on or and on our and workers' obligations and potential liabilities.
- Whistleblowing Policy: It encourages workers to report any concerns about wrongdoing or dangers internally through the proper channels.
- Recruitment and Selection Policy: the policy provides the framework to build effective recruitment process, promote equality and diversity principles and best practice and to ensure consistency within the recruitment process.
Regular risk assessments are undertaken within the business to ensure we identify any high-risk areas within the business and our supply chain. Any adverse findings are promptly and robustly addressed.
When assessing our suppliers, we assess the type of supplier, the geographical location of the supplier and any internal procedures used by the supplier to prevent slavery and human trafficking are all taken into consideration.
Our due diligence process requests all suppliers to be aware of their obligations to prevent modern slavery in their organisation and supply chain, in line with the Act. As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we continue to use a combination of approaches:
- Supplier Self-Assessment: This process involves a questionnaire containing questions in relation to slavery and human trafficking issued to suppliers with significant business turnover and critical component suppliers which they are required to complete.
- Site Audits & Business Reviews: From time to time we will visit new or existing suppliers to assess their capabilities.
- Eligibility for Working in the UK: When recruiting new employees in to the business and when using the services of agency personnel, the HR function ensures that all agency personnel and new permanent recruits have been correctly vetted and that their eligibility for employment in the UK has been established.
We monitor the effectiveness of our procedures by conducting an annual review of our policies to ensure they remain current and continually embedding our policies throughout the business.
Our training promotes a company sense of responsibility to prevent modern slavery and explains our reporting procedures for any suspected cases. We provide mandatory training to all colleagues on this topic.
This statement has been approved by the organisation's board of directors, who will review and update it annually.
Managing Director, Bell Truck and Van
Date: 1st May 2021