We are currently seeking to recruit a number of time-served, experienced Commercial Vehicle Technicians to repair and maintain Mercedes-Benz trucks at our BLS Truck and Van Aberdeen workshop.
The ideal candidates will be diligent, organised and dedicated and work within a small but busy team to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the department and ensure it meets its targets. Applicants must be able to work effectively as part of a team, pro-active in their approach and have excellent communication skills.
As experienced and qualified Technicians with specific commercial vehicle or HGV experience, you will ensure the highest possible levels of productivity and efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish to sustain customer confidence in the service provided. Attention to detail is essential. You will be required to follow the company's shift patterns.
- To diagnose faults and repair the Mercedes Benz product from truck range: Actros, Arocs, Atego, Antos and Fuso Canter.
- To service vehicles according to the manufacturers schedule.
- To diagnose and repair faults using the technology (Star) and all available workshop information systems.
- To fit accessories to vehicles.
- To carry out final inspections and function tests on all work that requires it.
- To attend vehicle breakdowns on behalf of the company and complete roadside repairs.
- To identify warranty items and ensure that parts are labelled correctly and placed in the designated area.
- To obtain parts from the parts department ensuring paperwork is completed accurately.
- Support the development of any trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained.
- Mercedes Benz ongoing training and development - face to face and online
- Staff referral bonus scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
BLS Truck and Van is part of a rapidly expanding commercial vehicles group and will accept only the highest levels of service from our team. There are huge opportunities for personal growth and development within the team for exceptional candidates. Be a part of something special.
7:00AM - 16:00PM & 15:00PM - MIDNIGHT (ONE IN THREE), 42.5 hours per week.
To apply for this position, please send a Covering Letter and CV FAO Francesca Adair to: