Due to unprecedented growth we are currently seeking to recruit time-served, experienced HGV and LCV Technicians to repair and maintain Mercedes-Benz vehicles over various shift patterns at our BILLINGHAM depot.
The ideal candidates will have previous experience within a franchised dealership. You will be part of an ambitious team and work within a busy service department to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the department and ensure it meets its targets. Candidates must be able to work effectively as part of a team, pro-active in their approach and have excellent communication skills.
As an qualified Technician with at least 5 years experience, including specific commercial vehicle experience, you will ensure the highest possible levels of productivity and efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish to sustain customer confidence in the service provided. Attention to detail is essential. You will be required to follow the company's shift patterns.
- To diagnose faults and repair the Mercedes Benz product from truck and van range as well as non-franchise vehicles.
- To service vehicles according to the manufacturers schedule.
- To diagnose and repair faults using the technology (Star) and all available workshop information systems.
- To fit accessories to vehicles.
- To carry out final inspections and function tests on all work that requires it.
- To attend vehicle breakdowns on behalf of the company and complete roadside repairs.
- To identify warranty items and ensure that parts are labelled correctly and placed in the designated area.
- To obtain parts from the parts department ensuring paperwork is completed accurately.
- Support the development of any trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained.
- Mercedes Benz ongoing training and development - face to face and online
- Competitive Holidays
- Staff referral bonus scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
Bell Truck and Van | BLS Truck and Van Mercedes-Benz are a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. We are investing heavily in new development including a new parts department at our Billingham site, dedicated new Van Centre for sales and aftersales on our current Stockton site and a brand new, increased capacity flagship Truck and Van sales and aftersales centre at Team Valley. We pride ourselves on developing and investing in our people as well as our facilities. We want the very best people on our team, and there are vast opportunities for personal growth and progression within our business for the very best candidates. Be a part of something special.
Available shift patterns vacancies at our Billingham depot include:
- HGV and LCV Night Shift Technician (Salary - up to £40K, depending upon experience)
- HGV and LCV Technician 4 on 4 off shift pattern (Salary - up to £35K, depending upon experience)
- Used Vehicle Preparation Technician - all manufacturers (Salary - up to £35K, depending upon experience)
To apply for any of these roles, please send a C.V. and covering letter to Melissa Bell: