An exciting opportunity has become available, we are now recruiting for a Used Vehicle Preparation Technician, to join our team at our Billingham depot
The ideal candidate will have multi- manufacturer experience, and have also used independent diagnostic equipment i.e Texa or Jaltest and have a passenger car background, as you will be working on all types of cars and vans processed through our used preparation department. You will be part of an ambitious used team and work within an exceptionally busy service department, to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the used department.
Experience working in a Vehicle Preparation role already would be a distinct advantage. As part of your role you will need to ensure the highest possible levels of productivity and efficiency to ensure a rapid turnaround of vehicles, quality workmanship and attention to detail is also essential for this position.
- To diagnose faults and repair all make vehicles.
- To service vehicles according to the used preparation guidelines.
- To diagnose and repair faults using the Texa diagnostic equipment and all available workshop information systems.
- To fit accessories to vehicles.
- To carry out final inspections and function tests on all work that requires it as dictated by the used preparation manual.
- To attend vehicle breakdowns on behalf of the company and complete roadside repairs - adhering to all safety and procedural guidelines.
- To identify warranty items and ensure that parts are labelled correctly and placed in the designated area.
- To obtain parts from the parts department ensuring paperwork is completed accurately.
- Support the development of any trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained.
- Mercedes Benz ongoing training and development - face to face and online
- Competitive Holidays
- Staff referral bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Bell Truck and Van | BLS Truck and Van is a rapidly expanding company with a commitment to investing in our facilities and the future of our business. We have a great deal of redevelopment planned this year, including a new parts department at our Billingham depot, re-development of our van showroom and new service centre at our Stockton site, and a purpose-built flagship head office at a new Team Valley site. We are growing, and we want individuals who can grow with us. We continue to invest in our team and there are huge opportunities for personal growth and development within the team for exceptional candidates. Be a part of something special.
Shift patterns: Shift flexibility available with this role
Salary: Up to £35K depending upon experience
To Apply: Please send a C.V. and covering letter to Melissa Bell via email@example.com